Tuesday 9 April 2013

Dear bully

Dear bully;

I feel like there's no nice way to start a letter like this because there's honestly just nothing nice about it. So I first off want to start by saying that I'm sorry. I am so sorry that you are very angry with the world, I am so sorry that you've had to face what you've had to face throughout your life. I am very sorry that at such a young age the only thing that life has left you is bitter. I, however, am not sorry that this has left you under the impression that your hatred and dislike for people has left you with the impression that you can bully them. 

I know you might read this and be left going, "that dumb bitch writes a passive aggressive letter on the internet - how fucking mature is she". The reason that I'm tackling this through my blog is because I'm entirely sure that there wouldn't be any way to say what it is I have to say with you in person. Whether it is because you believe I'm a complete nut or think that I'm ten shades of wrong, I am confident you would not listen. 

You see, the entire reason I'm writing this is because you've made it your mission to make my little sister's life hell and I'm not okay with that. You're one of the major forces in her almost crippling anxiety. I realize that reading this, where you are now, you might find a flicker of sick and twisted pleasure in that - I don't. I don't think that driving someone to the point of requiring help for anxiety is something to be proud of. Ever. The major issue I have, however, is that you thought it was alright to tell her that she should kill herself through the March break and that the world would be a better place without her. 

I just want to tell you, whether you care or not, that I think quite the opposite actually. I think the world would fucking blow without my little sister in it and I am absolutely disgusted that you seem to think your opinion of her is the only one that matters. You're a mother, you've gone through hell and back for your daughter, so I don't have to tell you what it would mean if someone told you that the world would only benefit from her being gone from it. 

Now I'm not angry with you for saying that, I was at first, I'll be honest. I wanted to get online and turn all those nasty comments you unleashed on her and throw them back at you. I wanted to pound the everliving fuck out of you to somehow bring you down to the level you seem hellbent on bringing her to. I'm not angry now. Instead I'm sad, I'm sad for you. I'm sad that the only way you seem to be able to feel alright about yourself is through wishing people out of existence. I feel sad for you because the only way you feel good is through trying to destroy other people. I feel absolutely sorry because you won't take anything away from being told that because you think you're entitled to that right.

I honestly and truly hope that nobody ever treats you or your daughter the way that you treat other people because nobody deserves that. I hope that if someone ever treats you or your daughter the way you treat people someone is strong enough to stand up for them, because everyone needs someone to stand up for them. I hope that you find someone to stand up for you and I hope that you find people that will only help you bring yourself up - not bring others down. 

I want to let you know that I'm not angry with you, I'm not going to get mad at you and I'm not going to blame you - but I will not allow you to continue to bully my little sister. Just like you should have someone to stand up for you I'm telling you that I will stand up for her. I will not threaten, I will not yell and I will not ever physically hurt you - but I will not tolerate bullying.

I think that it's easy to call people names and insult them when you're angry, I've definitely been there. I think that it takes a stronger, bigger person to turn that inwards and find out why the actions of someone that don't affect you bother you so much. I think it takes unimaginable strength and courage to tell yourself that you're unhappy and realize that through your own unhappiness you're harming others. I think that, and maybe you're not ready yet, and hope that someday you are strong enough to not let others matter to you. I hope that one day that you're strong enough to not need to bully people to feel good about yourself. I honestly hope that one day you give your daughter an amazing role model to look up to, because from the big sister of the girl you told to kill herself, that's not the case right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment